Libraries (and their librarians) are A M A Z I N G. We love you.

Dear humans,

The Wenchasaurus Rex is so excited she can’t even right now, so I have to even for her. I’m not even sure what evening is, but I’m doing it… I guess? Just like I’m not really sure why she makes these purple things bleed onto paper beyond understanding the basic desire to hunt and conquer.

I’m a cat. I’m good at that.

Anyway, the female was doing a search and found herself… at a LIBRARY.

She loves libraries, human.

If you’re in the Las Vegas area… look what is at your library!! I mean, even if you’re not in the Las Vegas area, look anyway.

This is so cool. The female is still can’t evening right now, and I’m still not sure what it means, but it involves squealing and raising her pale fleshy finger bits in the air and waving them around.

People who use the Las Vegas public library can get a bunch of the female’s books there, although there’s a wait list for some of the titles.

This! This! You can check out digital books right online and get to read them through this system.

Do this, do this, do this! For every last one of your favorite authors. If you love a book, talk to your library about getting copies in for you to read. This is perfect for those on fixed income. (We care for you. We really do. There is a whole world of free books at your disposal through Overdrive and the public library systems.)

You’ll need a library card, but a lot of the library systems allow you to apply for one online now, so you don’t even need to go to the library. It’s all digital.

(Yeeeeees.)

The female is a little sad that her books aren’t available in the Santa Clara district library system, but that’s okay. She buys the books she wants to read since she doesn’t have a huge amount of free time. But for those who have a lot of free time?

Talk to your librarian. You help authors, you help support the library, and you help get your favorite books into the hands of other readers.

Do eeeeet, humans! You’ll regret nothing!

Annnnnd the female human seems to be indulging in an excitement-induced seizure.

I thought about helping her for a second, but that odd and unsettling urge passed quickly. I hope she’ll be able to feed me tonight.

Leave a Comment:

8 comments
Eileen Troemel says February 5, 2019

Libraries are key to life… no I’m not prejudiced because one of my daughter’s is a librarian… I started my kids young taking them to our local library and getting them addicted to books early. I cannot tell you how often they checked out Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. Overdrive is amazing and includes a lot of self-published authors who often don’t make it into the library.

linda says February 5, 2019

I love libraries, don’t go as often as I used to you. As a child I went every week and checked out my allotted 6 books. Read them twice and couldn’t wait to get more. I took my daughter to the library all of the time. She was and still is a great reader. I love you sneaky kitty, you make my day fun kitty !!!

kommiesmom says February 5, 2019

Yay! Getting the word out about good reading.
Libraries are the foundation of civilization. Everyone should be able to read what they wish, whether anyone else likes it or not. Libraries are a big part of this.

Sorry, I will be fangirling you on your site now, also.
Thank you for keeping the updates coming so I know what order my new favorite books will arrive in.

PS – I am instructed to send good wishes to the Furred and Finned Management from Bahzell and Karat, the resident cat hair generators. I will not, however, be passing notes no matter how much they complain.

Robin says February 5, 2019

Overdrive has books that the liberry doesn’t have??? The digital library here in Albuquerque is okay-ish, but they lean more towards audio books than ebooks. I have hated to be read to since I learned how to read myself.

Overdrive, here I come! Bonzai!!

The Sneaky Kitty Critic says February 5, 2019

Yes. Overdrive is the system that the libraries purchase books from.

The Sneaky Kitty Critic says February 5, 2019

Annnnnddd, I just realized I wasn’t very coherent there. In this case, you would need to contact your library and request the titles that are in overdrive for the digital ebook copies. They will buy books their patrons ask for. Ask for the ebook versions of the title. Be specific with author/title/series. That will help them get the right version, and specify you want the ebooks. That should help you get the kinds of books you want to read!

Laura says February 6, 2019

I asked my library to obtain your Magical RomComs series (ebooks), but I’m not very hopeful they will. Even the librarian was indicating not to get my hopes up. :'( My local library doesn’t use Overdrive, they use 3M Cloud Library which is severely lacking IMO. They don’t seem to offer much outside of the big publishers’ ebooks. Many of the libraries here in GA are part of the PINES system where I can request books from libraries throughout the state, not just my own local system, but none of them have any of your physical books either. Maybe my library will get your books if they’re not digital? I’m going to request them. Fingers crossed! Otherwise I’ll just keep hoping/waiting for sales on Amazon. lol 😉

The Sneaky Kitty Critic says February 6, 2019

The books are only available in Baker & Taylor, Overdrive, and Biblioteca ebook library systems. Not sure what 3m is, but I’m sorry it doesn’t have a lot of books. 🙁

Add Your Reply